Malika Ihle is the LMU Open Science Center Coordinator, supporting the scientific board in developing a comprehensive approach to open research that extends across all disciplines, using both bottom-up and top-down strategies.
Her role is to
- provide peer-to-peer training and develop an open research curriculum,
- coordinate grassroots initiatives and organise various events such as seminars and conferences,
- support meta-research collaborations,
- liaise with local, national (e.g. the German Reproducibility Network (GRN)), and international stakeholders to inform the design of incentives and policies,
- and co-develop a strategic plan to make the LMU Open Science Center a sustainable entity.
Please do not hesitate to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions, requests, or opportunities pertaining to these activities!
Prior to this, Malika was in a similar role for 2.5 years at the University of Oxford, coordinating Reproducible Research Oxford (RROx) and acting as the UK Reproducibility Network (UKRN) local network lead.
Malika holds a PhD in Biology, and is a founding member of the Society for Open, Reliable, and Transparent Ecology and Evolutionary biology (SORTEE).
- Ihle M, Winney IS, Krystalli A & Croucher M. 2017. Striving for transparent and credible research: practical guidelines for behavioral ecologists. Invited Idea – Behavioral Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1093/beheco/arx003
- O’Dea RE, Parker TH, Chee YE, Drobniak SM, Duncan DH, Fidler F, Gould E, Ihle M, Kelly CD, Lagisz M, Roche DG, Sánchez-Tójar A, Wilkinson DP, Wintle BC, Nakagawa S. 2021. Towards open, reliable, and transparent ecology and evolutionary biology. BMC Biology. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12915-021-01006-3
- Personal profile: https://malikaihle.wordpress.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MalikaIhle
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/malika-ihle/
- Mastodon: @MalikaIhle@scicomm.xyz
Phone: +49 89 2180 5872